mercredi 3 avril 2013

Lexington law


Lexington law:



I contacted Lexington Law to assist me with improving my credit. I spoke with the paralegal regarding improving my credit score by removal of delinquent payment reports connected to a short sale I completed four years earlier. The paralegal indicated I would need to first challenge the reports and all three of the credit bureaus and had to provide to proof to substantiate the delinquency reporting in 30 days or remove the delinquency report. I was assured they had been very successful in getting such delinquency reports removed particularly with Countrywide Mortgage (my mortgage company), especially since the company had been sold and was no longer operating...

I called back and nothing had been taken off my account and I was told that it may now take 45 to 60 days before this part of the process would be completed. After 60 days, I was told I would have to challenge them again, wait another 45 to 60 days, etc. This went on for 9 months at $99 a month for a total of $999 until I finally put an end to it. Every month, it was the same thing - just wait another 30 days and pay another $99 and we should get some results. After 9 months and $999, none of the mortgage delinquencies were removed from any of the three credit reports. All the time waiting for responses from the credit reporting agencies, I was charged at the rate of $99 a month. I received no results for the $999 I paid them.

I contacted Lexington Law to assist me with improving my credit. I spoke with the paralegal regarding paying off any debt and how they could assist me in getting a better credit score. I was told I would first need to challenge the debt for erroneous charges. They stated that the credit bureau had to respond in 30 days or remove the bad credit. I called back and nothing had been taken off my account and I was told that it may take now 45 to 60 days before this part of the process would be completed. I do understand that this will take time but the service was again charging my account $99 for nothing, just waiting for the credit bureau to get back. This was not a good use of my funds.
I did ask the paralegal if there were any other actions we could take especially if the debt was paid off, the response was to send more letters out and see. I am completely dissatisfied with the service; I have been charged for two months of service and only received one and in the end, the only thing they do is send out letters to challenge the debt. After that, it's game over. Oh yeah, you can visit the Library, that is it.

On or about March 27, 2012, I contacted an online credit service to see if my husband and I could improve our credit score so that we could get a refinance to lower our mortgage payments. I was immediately connected to Lexington Law Firm, a company specializing in credit repair. I was told one story by the sales person. It sounded good and the price was not bad, so I signed myself and my husband up for the service. I was told by the sales person that it did no good for one person in a marriage to improve their credit if the other one does not participate, so I signed both of us up. I was also told that we could cancel within the first 5 days and we would not be charged. He then switched me over to a supposed paralegal who would handle our case.
This person told me a completely different scenario, including the price which was twice as much as I was quoted by the sales person. I did not like what I heard from this person, so I canceled on the first day and the first conversation I had with the so-called paralegal. He assured me that my debit card would not be charged for anything except the initial charge for the credit report which was $20. We were supposed to get a copy of that report. We have not received one yet. I kept getting emails from Lexington Law Firm and I called them to see why. I was assured that our account had been cancelled and our debit card would not be charged. However, this is not the case. Lexington Law Firm has been charging our account every month for $50. I called them to tell them to stop charging us and give us a refund and they told me that in order to stop the payments and get a refund, I or my husband would have to file an affidavit charging the other with forgery.
Neither I nor my husband, who has never spoken with Lexington Law, except to make sure that his account was cancelled, forged anything. I was told on the very first phone call with the salesperson that I had to sign both my husband and myself up for the service in order for the service to be effective. They are stealing money out of our checking account every month and we have received no services from them at all.
I signed up with the company back in November of last year in which it was $99 to sign up and then they take $79 out of my account every month for the service to so called help with the repair of my credit. With talking with someone and researching a little, I found out that the company is not licensed in the state of South Carolina to assist South Carolina residence with the repair of their credit. My credit was not repaired at all and some of my good standing creditors were removed instead which hurt my credit score even more. I also have spent about $400 with the company.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire